Link to PDF version.
Hydroxychloroquine Brand Names: Hydroxychloroquine, HCQ and Plaquenil.
Hydroxychloroquine Pharmacologically: Has been synthesized as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ).
Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturer: India manufactures most of the global supply of hydroxychloroquine.
1. NPR – India manufactures most of the global supply of hydroxychloroquine
Hydroxychloroquine Treatments: Malaria, Lupus, RA, Lupus, Coronavirus (not in all countries)
2. CDC – Malaria Treatment Information with Hydroxychloroquine
3. Lupus.org – Lupus State Action with Hydroxychloroquine
– Four hundred years before randomized control trials existed, quinine, made from the “sacred bark” of the South American quina-quina tree, was used to treat malaria. – Developed in 1934
– 1955: Approved for medical use in the US in 1955.
– 1977: On the WHO list of essential medicines since the list began in 1977.
– 1982: FDA approval in 1982
– 2015-2017: Averages out to being the 3rd most commonly prescribed medication.
– 2017: Over 5,666,000 prescriptions.
– 2020: $25 US dollars per month for treatment.
4. Clincalc – Clincalc.com Hydroxychloroquine
5. Wikipedia – Wikipedia.org Hydroxychloroquine
COVID-19 & POLITIZATION TIMELINE OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE
03/27/20 – Sermo: Global study of 3 most commonly prescribed treatments – 33% Hydroxychloroquine.
04/04/20 – 6,227 physicians in over 30 countries state HCQ “most effective” against COVID-19.
04/05/20 – India bans all exports of Hydroxychloroquine to be able to meet its own country’s demand.
04/09/20 – India reverses export restrictions.
04/13/20 – NIH announces trial of HCQ for COVID-19.
04/16/20 – India supplies hydroxychloroquine to 55 coronavirus-hit countries.
05/18/20 – India sends HCQ to 25 African Nations.
05/18/20 – Trump admits using HCQ and Zinc for COVID-19 prevention.
05/22/20 – Lancet Report, one of the world’s largest medical journals declared “no benefit of HCQ for COVID-19.”
05/25/20 – After Lancet Report, WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine trial as COVID-19 treatment.
05/27/20 – After Lancet Report, NIH withdraws its trial of HCQ for COVID-19 in sum, “No help, no harm.”
05/27/20 – After Lancet Report, France bans use of HCQ.
05/29/20 – Open letter from Scientists to the Lancet, questioning their study that HCQ increased death risks.
05/31/20 – Australian health departments verified false data was used in the Lancet Report.
05/31/20 – Nous Group acknowledges “false data” was probably used in the Lancet Report.
06/01/20 – India has the lowest death rate in the world. 27 of every million. Western World, 423 of every million.
06/05/20 – Due to the false data Lancet’s initial declaration was flawed. The Lancet study and paper were retracted.
06/15/20 – FDA revokes HCQ emergency treatment.
07/03/20 – Ford Study ties HCQ to reduced coronavirus deaths.
07/03/20 – Assoc. of Amer. Phys. and Surg.’s declare countries using HCQ have low coronavirus fatality rate.
07/03/20 – AAPS filed a preliminary injunction to compel release of HCQ by the FDA and HHS to the public.
07/25/20 – America’s Frontline Doctors (AFD) spoke on the “misinformation” about HCQ and treating COVID-19.
07/28/20 – AFD’s video was removed on social media, after 17,000,000 views on Facebook, 600,000 on YouTube.
07/30/20 – Dr. Gold, one of the leaders of America’s Frontline Doctors, was fired from her position, sending a message of fear, “if you disagree with us, we will target you.”
CHARTING DATA OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE IN USE, MIXED-USE AND NON-HCQ USE
Precision Vaccinations | April 4, 2020
– Sermo survey summary: A global survey found that anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly-rated treatment against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). 6,227 physicians in over 30 countries.
Bloomberg | April 5, 2020
– India Bans All Exports of Virus Drug
NPR | April 9, 2020
– India is the world’s biggest generic drug maker, and it manufactures most of the global supply of hydroxychloroquine.
– India reverses export restrictions
Forbes | April 16, 2020
– India supplies hydroxychloroquine to 55 coronavirus-hit countries
Nikkei | May 18, 2020
– India sends HCQ to 25 African Nations
Lancet Report | May 22, 2020
– Study was unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19.
Medicalxpress | May 25, 2020
– WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine trial as COVID-19 treatment
Politico | May 27, 2020
– France bans use of HCQ after Lancet Study
NY Times | May 29, 2020
– Open letter from Scientists to the Lancet, questioning their study that HCQ increased death risks.
The Print | May 31, 2020
– Surgisphere, a Chicago-based healthcare data analytics company supplied the data for the study. Surgisphere responded they could not publicly share the data over “privacy concerns.” The data was never provided and could not be verified.
– Australian health departments verified false data was used in the Lancet Report
– Nous Group acknowledges “false data” was probably used in the Lancet Report
TFI Post | June 1, 2020
– May 22, after Trump’s admission of HCQ, The Lancet, a UK based premier scientific journal, published a study which argued that giving HCQ for treatment to patients increases death risks.
– Death rate in India lowest in the world
– “HCQ has beneficial effects in infection risk reduction” – Dr. Samiran Panda, Dir. ICMR Nat’l Aids Res. Inst.
– India – 26 per mil deaths. Western world – 423 per mil deaths.
– Research from China which was conducted in the very early days of Covid-19 spread, showed that HCQ brought down the mortality rate among patients. The study was conducted at Tongji Hospital in Wuhan, the initial epicenter of the pandemic, between February 1 and April 8 on 568 Covid -19 patients and was funded by China’s Ministry of Science and Technology, Nature Science Foundation and Ma Yun Foundation. As per the study, the mortality rate among the group given HCQ was 18.8 percent compared to 43.5 percent among those who were not given the drug.
– India, Brazil, Israel, Australia, and Canada use HCQ as the first line of therapeutic defense against Covid-19
The Lancet | June 5, 2020
– The Lancet Report was withdrawn. “We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources. Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted.”
The Mercury News | June 20, 2020
– In April, NIH announces its trial of HCQ
– In May, Trump announces use of HCQ
In May, after Lancet’s study, NIH, WHO stops clinical trial – “No help, no harm.”
FDA revokes HCQ emergency treatment on June 15, 2020
Henry Ford Health | July 3, 2020
– Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.
– “Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped saves lives,” said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System.
TechStartups | July 3, 2020
– Countries using hydroxychloroquine have low coronavirus fatality rate compared to countries that don’t, Association of American Physicians and Surgeons says.
– The AAPS filed a motion for a preliminary injunction with the court to compel release to the public of hydroxychloroquine by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), in AAPS v. HHS, No. 1:20-cv-00493-RJJ-SJB (W.D. Mich.).
– Court documents: https://drive.google.com/
The Hill | July 3, 2020
– Ford Study ties HCQ to reduced coronavirus deaths
July 25-28, 2020
America’s Frontline Doctors video in support of Hydroxychoroquine
Real Clear Politics | July 28, 2020
America’s Frontline Doctors video removed from Social Media
Canyon News | July 31, 2020
Dr. Gold Fired, one of Americas Frontline Doctors